15:00:53 <pierros> #startmeeting Council Meeting 2012-04-15
15:00:53 <remobot> Meeting started Sun Apr 15 15:00:53 2012 UTC.  The chair is pierros. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:53 <remobot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:01:03 <pierros> Agenda for today:
15:01:08 <pierros> #link https://remo.etherpad.mozilla.org/council-meeting-20120415
15:01:13 <pierros> #chair williamq
15:01:13 <remobot> Current chairs: pierros williamq
15:01:22 <pierros> #topic Intro
15:01:26 <pierros> go ahead :)
15:01:38 <williamq> welcome everyone
15:01:43 <williamq> it's been a busy couple of weeks
15:01:48 <pierros> each time you want to change topic type #topic <topic goes here> :)
15:01:56 <williamq> ok great thanks
15:02:04 <williamq> pierros, giorgos and I had a great webdev planning meeting last week
15:02:19 <williamq> lots of great things in store for versions 0.2.5 and 0.3 of the website
15:02:29 <williamq> pierros, the floor is yours for a quick update
15:02:42 <pierros> So we are live for 0.2 :)
15:02:51 <pierros> and we are now focusing next month for 0.2.5
15:02:51 <Rami> horray
15:03:05 <pierros> this will be a patch/fix release to create a solid base for 0.3 (events)
15:03:25 <pierros> Here you can see all the fixed we will land https://remo.etherpad.mozilla.org/sasak-planning
15:03:28 <pierros> #link https://remo.etherpad.mozilla.org/sasak-planning
15:03:42 <pierros> due to their one-off nature we are inviting everyone to help
15:03:57 <pierros> (as you might have seen in reps-webdev)
15:04:15 <pierros> so next month we are cleaning up :)
15:04:27 <pierros> Communicate please the call to help to your interested mentees
15:04:35 <pierros> On 0.2
15:04:39 <deimidis> williamq, I couldn't access to etherpad, is private for some reason?
15:04:55 <pierros> we need to announce 0.2 in all@mozilla and to mozillians
15:05:04 <williamq> deimidis: I made it public
15:05:23 <Lucy> I had to reset my password on another account as well
15:05:25 <pierros> discoverability will be the main theme for our announcement  as we want all mozillians to be able to find reps near them
15:05:29 <Lucy> I think something must have happened to the etherpads
15:05:30 <pierros> and collaborate with them
15:05:43 <pierros> (please people keep things in topic :) )
15:05:50 <deimidis> Lucy, thanks, doing it right now
15:05:56 <williamq> regarding the announcement...
15:06:11 <pierros> williamq: floor is yours
15:06:11 <williamq> I wanted to make an official annoucnement to all Mozilla employees
15:06:24 <williamq> but I was asked to hold off for now
15:06:33 <williamq> the issue is that we have some minors on the program
15:06:55 <williamq> and we need to get their parents to approve that their child's info is displayed on the website
15:07:04 <williamq> the Mozilla Reps Agreement they signed is not enough
15:07:19 <williamq> hopefully, we'll get this done by next week
15:07:35 <williamq> right now, i'm trying to figure out how many minors we actually have on board
15:08:02 <williamq> so far, I have 4 names (Leo, Ziggy, Tanner and ...
15:08:06 <williamq> shoot, i forgot the 4th one
15:08:09 <Lucy> paul
15:08:12 <williamq> and Paul :)
15:08:15 <Lucy> but not sure which one
15:08:18 <williamq> thnaks Lucy
15:08:20 <Lucy> np ;)
15:08:37 <Lucy> what is the status on this whole no minors thing? I haven't seen any announcements about it anywhere.
15:08:48 <williamq> it's pretty murky
15:08:56 <williamq> so no official announcement yet
15:09:04 <williamq> our legal and HR teams are still figuring it out
15:09:37 <williamq> but basically, we can no longer accept minors into the program and the ones we accepted befor ethis policy change need to ask their parents to sign this new document
15:09:52 <williamq> as soon as I have more info, I'll update the team
15:09:55 <vikingkarwur> Hello All...
15:10:00 <williamq> welcome Viking
15:10:07 <williamq> so just to repeat PIerro's point
15:10:20 <williamq> once we make the "official" annoucnement of the website
15:10:46 <williamq> it'll be important for each of us to get the word out
15:11:00 <williamq> especially to the Mozilla staff we work with and exchange with on a regular basis
15:11:22 <williamq> for example, I was chatting with William Reynolds last week who had no clue the website existed
15:11:48 <Lucy> I am also disappointed with the number of employees I've had to tell about reps at all
15:11:52 <williamq> he's now psyched about it and has already started to use it to reach out to local reps for specific projects of his
15:12:35 <williamq> now that the website is on very solid foundations, now's the time for us to spread the word
15:12:46 <williamq> ok, moving on to the next topic
15:12:51 <williamq> #topic mentors
15:13:21 <williamq> so I've noticed that some mentors have not been following standard procedure
15:13:34 <williamq> a lot of Reps are pinging me to tell me that they can't login to the website
15:14:03 <williamq> it seems that some mentors are forgetting to add their newly accepted mentees on the website
15:14:24 <williamq> have you noticed this too?
15:14:29 <Lucy> add them how?
15:14:31 <pierros> yeap
15:14:48 <pierros> mentors need to add people to /people/invite
15:14:49 <Lucy> I guess this is a new step?
15:14:59 <williamq> #link http://reps.mozilla.org/people/invite/
15:15:03 <pierros> it is on the SOP and on the announcement to reps-mentors
15:15:12 <deimidis> but this is for new mentees?
15:15:21 <pierros> (I guess it was a small addition and noone noticed :S_
15:15:22 <pierros> )
15:15:24 <Lucy> we need a checklist!
15:15:32 <pierros> Lucy: we do have this
15:15:36 <williamq> it's on the SOP
15:15:42 <Lucy> no I mean like a real functional checklist
15:15:42 <pierros> #link https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Mentoring/Orientation
15:15:52 <williamq> there's a checklist for the rep and for the mentor in the screening phase
15:15:57 <Lucy> and you have one for each mentee, and you actually check things off
15:16:02 <pierros> orientation phase
15:16:04 <williamq> sorry, orientation phase
15:16:05 <Lucy> and you can monitor what still hasnt' been checked off for each person
15:16:27 <pierros> Lucy: true.. but that would need dev resources for now :(
15:16:32 <Lucy> yeah I know
15:16:36 <pierros> unless we have someone like a Rep to make it :)
15:16:37 <Lucy> but I dream of it
15:16:42 <williamq> indeed, this is something that would be great to have in the future
15:16:43 <pierros> Lucy: hear ya
15:16:47 <williamq> yep :)
15:17:02 <williamq> another issue a lot of Reps have been having is uploading their avatar
15:17:16 <williamq> I think we need to create an SOP just for that
15:17:37 <williamq> it seems pretty straight forward but many people seem to be running into problems
15:17:52 <Rami> yes i agree on that
15:17:53 <williamq> they ping me to tell me that they've followed every step correctly but their avatar does not show
15:17:55 <pierros> #action pierros creates an SOP for libravatar
15:18:08 <pierros> will file the planning bug too
15:18:15 <williamq> any other issues you've noticed with your mentors?
15:18:17 <pierros> also I need to follow up with mentors
15:18:30 <pierros> (emphasizing the new steps0
15:18:30 <pierros> )
15:18:44 <pierros> #action pierros sends a mail with new additions and steps to mentors
15:18:53 <Lucy> I've noticed a couple of mine still have their first/last names reverses, was just going to ping them individually
15:18:55 <pierros> (although I am pretty sure I sent one already)
15:19:07 <williamq> ok
15:19:22 <williamq> cool
15:19:30 <williamq> moving on to the next topic
15:19:37 <williamq> #topic new council
15:19:59 <williamq> I meant to do this upon returning from the US
15:20:07 <williamq> and then got side tracked by a gazillion things :(
15:20:10 <williamq> apoligies for the delay
15:20:29 <williamq> I will draft the invitation email on a pad and share it with the team before sending it out to each individual
15:20:43 <williamq> is everyone still comfortable with this list of nominees?
15:20:59 <Rami> ok from my sid
15:21:01 <Rami> e
15:21:07 <Lucy> me too
15:21:19 <williamq> #action william to draft invitation to new council members on pad and share with team
15:21:31 <pierros> me too
15:21:41 <williamq> ok cool
15:21:44 <williamq> moving on
15:21:50 <williamq> #topic Mozilla Rep Summit
15:21:50 <deimidis> yes from my side
15:22:11 <williamq> so basically, from a location perspective, I think Barcelona would make most sense
15:22:21 <Lucy> I love you guys and your logic
15:22:27 <williamq> :)
15:22:35 <williamq> if you go to https://reps.mozilla.org/people/
15:22:38 <williamq> and search mentors
15:22:48 <williamq> sorry, search "mentor"
15:22:59 <deimidis> nice!
15:23:14 <williamq> Barcelona looks like geographically-logical
15:23:42 <pierros> Venue?
15:23:48 <deimidis> williamq, are you planning by countries in crisis? :P
15:23:55 <Rami> hehe
15:23:55 <williamq> haha
15:23:56 <pierros> deimidis: hahaha
15:23:59 <williamq> we have an AWESOME venue
15:24:02 <Lucy> we're a community, we have to support them
15:24:02 <williamq> CitiLab
15:24:20 <Rami> cool
15:24:50 <deimidis> is that out of Barcelona?
15:24:50 <williamq> it's where we held our first ever MozCamp Europe actually
15:25:02 <williamq> I'll send some photos around
15:25:07 <Rami> cool
15:25:08 <williamq> now in terms of timing
15:25:48 <williamq> we need to aim either for 3rd week of June, or 1st week of July
15:26:06 <Lucy> 1st week of july is preferable for me
15:27:04 <williamq> #action william to send a doodle survey to team to figure out best timing for Mozilla Reps Summit
15:27:16 <pierros> Tunisia meetup is 29 June to 2 July
15:27:19 <Rami> yes
15:27:42 <williamq> yep, hence why we'd have to do it the weekend after
15:27:58 <williamq> or the weekend before
15:28:04 <vikingkarwur> FYI. Mozilla LEAD Training Session 2 - July 11-12, Toronto
15:28:11 <williamq> second week of July, Pierros and I are in San Francisco
15:28:35 <williamq> yes, to which Guillermo and Viking are going
15:28:41 <Lucy> yes, I've heard vaguely about this LEAD thing, but I also haven't see much about it
15:28:52 <Lucy> would be cool to hear more after meeting
15:29:03 <williamq> me neither, i haven't read too much about it
15:29:15 <williamq> viking and guillermo, please share on reps-council@mozilla.com
15:29:19 <williamq> ok moving on
15:29:23 <pierros> lets put it on doodle and we will see
15:29:29 <pierros> also in terms of who will come?
15:29:36 <deimidis> (another topic, but I had more idea because I review the project from a community side)
15:29:37 <pierros> council and mentors obviously
15:29:42 <pierros> but anyone else?
15:29:59 <Lucy> how many active reps do we have? it would be really great to have everyone if we can
15:30:01 <pierros> I can see that it might make sense to invite key reps too… but it can get tricky
15:30:09 <williamq> everyone?
15:30:12 <pierros> Lucy: 200 people?
15:30:15 <pierros> too much :)
15:30:16 <Lucy> EVERYONE!! ;)
15:30:18 <Lucy> yeah
15:30:21 <williamq> one day...
15:30:25 <williamq> not this year though
15:30:35 <deimidis> Moilla Reps Summit :P
15:30:35 <williamq> I would say summer 2013
15:30:48 <Lucy> hopefully we're not too big by then ;)
15:30:55 <williamq> when we're 500 strong :)
15:30:55 <Rami> hehe
15:31:19 <Rami> yes defining who's active gonna be tricky
15:31:21 <williamq> the program's not even 1 year old :)
15:31:50 <williamq> I say we have the *real* Mozilla Reps Summit on June 1st 2013, to celebrate our 2 years
15:32:02 <Rami> cool
15:32:05 <Lucy> sounds like a plan!
15:32:08 <williamq> ok moving on to the next topic
15:32:10 <Rami> added it on my calendar :D
15:32:13 <williamq> #topic bi-weekly checklit
15:32:19 <williamq> *checklist
15:32:23 <Lucy> hehe almost!
15:33:07 <williamq> I will work on the vounching SOP this evening (promise) :)
15:33:18 <williamq> #action william to follow up on "Vouching" SOP
15:33:38 <Lucy> wasn't that supposed to wait for new council?
15:33:47 <Lucy> or was that something else?
15:34:01 <williamq> i think that was somethign else
15:34:33 <williamq> I can take on https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Hosting_and_Domain
15:34:44 <williamq> #action william to update and move https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Hosting_and_Domain
15:35:04 <Lucy> we should have another triage meeting this week, think we have progress to review
15:35:10 <williamq> yes
15:35:16 <williamq> agreed
15:35:40 <williamq> I will be in Paris on Tuesday, Buenos Aires on Wednesdya
15:35:53 <williamq> am pretty flexible time-wise
15:36:00 <deimidis> williamq, and sleeping after that
15:36:06 <williamq> :)
15:36:09 <Lucy> ok we'll sort out after meeting :)
15:36:12 <williamq> yep
15:36:16 <Lucy> should I update on my action items?
15:36:26 <williamq> yes please
15:36:30 <deimidis> since friday, thre council members in Buenos Aires
15:36:36 <deimidis> *three
15:36:48 <Lucy> ok so I did update https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=726635 and I think we have a good plan now
15:36:52 <Lucy> so I should update the bug again to reflect
15:37:02 <Lucy> #action lucy to update https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=726635 again
15:37:30 <Lucy> Nukeador and I haven't met to go through the open bugs. Also I think he sent out a notice that he is a bit away currently.
15:37:52 <williamq> Lucy: yep, he'll be away until next week
15:38:16 <Lucy> ok well I can go through them on my own and email him my thoughts, so we can do it async at least
15:38:25 <williamq> great
15:38:32 <pierros> My update on action items:
15:38:41 <Lucy> #action Lucy to review open IT bugs and email Nukeador
15:38:48 <pierros> Leaving Reps was moved to main section
15:38:54 <Lucy> and i still have to update the mentor switching bits, 2 weeks was fast!
15:39:18 <pierros> and I still have to complete the mentors feedback with follow up email
15:39:34 <pierros> #action pierros completes 721806 with mail followup
15:39:37 <pierros> that is for me
15:39:46 <pierros> william?
15:39:47 <Lucy> oh I have one more, I did file the new council bug
15:39:55 <pierros> Lucy: cool!
15:40:28 <williamq> I'll follow up with vounching as mentioned earlier
15:40:44 <williamq> I just finished https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Ordering_Swag
15:41:29 <williamq> I still need to work on Events SOP and Inter-community Meetups SOP
15:41:43 <williamq> #action create/update Events and Inter-Community Meetups SOPs
15:42:04 <williamq> 686549 and 686557
15:42:31 <williamq> any updates on the Add-on?
15:42:40 <williamq> I haven't spoken to Brian about it
15:42:50 <williamq> does any one know how that is evolving?
15:42:56 <deimidis> no tme
15:42:58 <pierros> he is implementing our CSS right now
15:43:01 <williamq> cool
15:43:09 <pierros> Giorgos and I have been helping him along the way
15:43:17 <williamq> excellent
15:43:23 <pierros> I think second version will be ready soon
15:43:38 <williamq> ok
15:44:01 <williamq> moving on to next topic
15:44:05 <williamq> #topic     Budget requests over $500
15:44:28 <williamq> Nikola just submitted a pretty hefty budget request
15:44:46 <pierros> (impresive submission btw)
15:44:56 <williamq> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=745480
15:45:16 <Lucy> don't forget to add the whiteboard keyword so we can search them!
15:45:25 <Lucy> over500 ?
15:45:35 <williamq> yes
15:45:50 <williamq> it's for $8055 USD
15:45:57 <Lucy> (added!)
15:45:57 <williamq> I had a chat with Brian about this
15:46:15 <williamq> I will assign it to him as he's been following the planning for this event quite closely
15:46:22 <williamq> he's definitely in favour of it
15:46:29 <williamq> I'm also in favour
15:46:48 <williamq> we should discuss on reps-council@mozilla.com
15:47:20 <Lucy> when does it need approving?
15:48:20 <pierros> Lucy: I would say as soon as possible
15:48:34 <williamq> possible by next week
15:48:58 <Lucy> In theory we should just do it now but if we haven't read it yet that might take some time
15:49:16 <williamq> right
15:49:22 <williamq> this has just been submitted
15:50:00 <williamq> there is another huge budget request here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=745166
15:50:10 <williamq> Viking's assigned to it
15:50:19 <vikingkarwur> I also got budget request #over500 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=745166 ;)
15:50:46 <williamq> what do you think Viking?
15:50:46 <deimidis> I made a quick reading and seems fine. I think we have to define if this is a inter community meetup like we talked with Katherine in Greece, and if in this way other Mozilla projects could help with money
15:51:11 <vikingkarwur> Will chat w/ wira about it... and asked Mozilla Malaysia Community Leader : Syafiq about it...
15:51:17 <williamq> ok
15:51:29 <Lucy> ah this one is a tour?
15:51:29 <williamq> so these two budgets are the big ones on our radar
15:51:30 <deimidis> and if it will be the only big balkans meetup for the year, I'm think is fine
15:51:36 <vikingkarwur> But it seem too big for 1st event for wira...
15:51:43 <williamq> we should all follow-up on reps-council@mozilla.com
15:51:47 <Rami> Melek sent one also but not big like others :)
15:51:48 <Rami> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=745026
15:51:50 <williamq> vikingkarwur: I agree
15:51:59 <Lucy> yeah I think the one we should probably discuss now is aleksander's
15:52:09 <williamq> deimidis: right
15:52:38 <williamq> +1 for Melek's budget in Tunisia
15:53:06 <pierros> +1 from me too
15:53:07 <Lucy> yeah me too
15:53:08 <deimidis> and we need the budget/month discussion :)
15:53:25 <deimidis> +1 for me too
15:53:48 <vikingkarwur> +1
15:53:53 <Rami> cool
15:53:54 <williamq> Rami: consider the budget approved for Melek :)
15:53:58 <williamq> regarding Aleksander's budget, I wouldn't be in favour of sponsoring the whole package
15:54:00 <Rami> okdoki
15:54:17 <Lucy> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=737126
15:54:26 <williamq> I think sponsoring his attendance is good enough at this point
15:54:48 <Lucy> how about paying for the booth then?
15:54:53 <Lucy> that wasn't too bad
15:55:04 <williamq> that was already approved
15:55:10 <Lucy> oh ok!
15:55:14 <Lucy> then yes :)
15:55:24 <williamq> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=737126#c9
15:55:25 <williamq> cool
15:55:31 <williamq> by the way
15:55:35 <pierros> I would not pay for presentation
15:55:46 <pierros> defeats the purpose of open source community conferences
15:55:46 <williamq> one general comment about budget review and approval by the council
15:55:53 <williamq> pierros: I agree
15:56:15 <williamq> are we all comomfrtable have a "majority" approval for budgets over $500 USD?
15:56:30 <deimidis> simple majority?
15:56:31 <williamq> meaning if 5 council members approve, then the budget is approved?
15:56:35 <williamq> simple majority, yes
15:56:36 <Lucy> yes, so long as everyone has a chance to raise concerns
15:56:43 <deimidis> yes, I agree
15:56:46 <williamq> well that's the problem
15:57:12 <Lucy> well, "chance" ie we email the list, if people dont' get to their email in a timely manner we shouldn't just wait
15:57:28 <williamq> I'm thining that if one council member does not answer a vote, (s)he shouldn't block everything, no?
15:57:40 <Rami> yes
15:57:43 <Lucy> no, but just in case they had something to say that changes my vote
15:57:51 <pierros> majority can be OK, I suggest
15:58:10 <williamq> should we give a 24 hour period after the 5 approvals have been made?
15:58:12 <Lucy> so basically if we have a meeting like this and not everyone is here, let's put it to email and wait a couple days
15:58:15 <Lucy> yeah
15:58:24 <williamq> 24 hours or 48 hours?
15:58:30 <Lucy> 48 if we can
15:58:32 <deimidis> williamq, 48 hours seems better, because we are trying that Reps send bugs with time
15:58:38 <williamq> ok
15:58:43 <williamq> sounds good to me
15:59:08 <pierros> +1 from me too
15:59:15 <pierros> shall we write is somewhere?
15:59:19 <Lucy> man the partner package for aleksander's event looks good
15:59:20 <Rami> yes better
15:59:20 <williamq> and for budgets over $5000 USD, we should have unanimous approval, don't you think?
15:59:23 <Lucy> pierros: file a bug ;)
15:59:33 <williamq> #action william to update Budget SOP
15:59:40 <pierros> williamq: cool
16:00:16 <williamq> everyone is cool with a unanimous vote for budgets >$5000 USD?
16:00:30 <Lucy> I'm not sure
16:00:52 <williamq> should it be more?
16:01:00 <Lucy> well it should be handled differently
16:01:10 <Lucy> obviously we should have an expectation when it's that much
16:01:29 <Lucy> but if it meets those expectations should it still be unanimous? maybe we could still do majority
16:01:52 * pierros notes that we are over time a bit
16:01:57 <williamq> ok
16:02:07 <williamq> let's stick to majority for now
16:02:13 <Lucy> and discuss it on list?
16:02:20 <williamq> we can discuss further on the list
16:02:21 <williamq> yes
16:02:28 <Lucy> :)
16:02:32 <williamq> ok i think we're done for the meeting :)
16:02:36 <williamq> anything else?
16:02:51 <pierros> #topic Open Floor
16:03:13 <Lucy> just don't forget to file bugs!
16:03:19 <pierros> I am ending the meeting in a min unless we have something else to discuss
16:03:31 <Rami> fine from my side..
16:03:34 <williamq> ok, thanks everybody!!!
16:03:41 <williamq> great meeting - SUPER efficient
16:03:44 <deimidis> strategy for Reps that don't create new user profiles?
16:03:47 <williamq> and thank you Mr. Time Keeper!!
16:03:58 <deimidis> reminder or just declare them no Reps?
16:04:04 <williamq> demidis: reminder
16:04:10 <Rami> after the reminder?
16:04:10 <pierros> reminder
16:04:20 <pierros> then they should be let go
16:04:28 <williamq> 3 month period
16:04:29 <Rami> ok
16:04:31 <Lucy> reminder, try and ask why they haven't done it, then let go
16:04:36 <pierros> #endmeeting