#remo-council Meeting

Meeting started by williamq at 15:00:04 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. ReMo plan (williamq, 15:01:20)
    1. the ReMo 2012 plan will be finalized during the ReMo Camp 2012 (williamq, 15:02:54)
    2. IDEA: it would be good to experiment with integrating mozilla hispano events on the contribute page (williamq, 15:07:32)
    3. ACTION: Nukeador to touch base with DBos to explore Mozilla HIspano integration with mozilla.org/contribute (williamq, 15:09:44)
    4. https://www.mozilla-hispano.org/documentacion/Eventos (williamq, 15:10:35)
    5. IDEA: Have it come from the top down, get Gary and Mitchell to talk about ReMo more (kinger, 15:15:26)
    6. https://etherpad.mozilla.org/grow-moz-session (Nukeador, 15:16:07)
    7. ACTION: williamq to create share a communication plan to raise awareness of ReMo (williamq, 15:16:48)
    8. IDEA: organize a brownbag about ReMo next month in time for the 1 year anniversary of ReMo (williamq, 15:17:43)
    9. IDEA: get reps.m.o added to Tabzilla (kinger, 15:19:16)
    10. IDEA: QA about the program, mentors, and reps to avoid this situations (williamq, 15:21:50)
    11. IDEA: have more meetings between Mentors and their Mentees to update them on what's new at Mozila + newsletter (williamq, 15:23:44)
    12. IDEA: Have "news flash" updates on reps.m.o and in add-on to inform Reps about latest Mozilla news and projects (kinger, 15:24:37)

  2. ReMo Camp 2012 (williamq, 15:28:02)
    1. ACTION: change ReMo Camp 2012 to Mozilla Reps Camp 2012 (williamq, 15:32:45)
    2. ACTION: williamq to draft letters of invitations for Mozilla Reps Camp 2012 (williamq, 15:36:24)

  3. Mentors (williamq, 15:40:54)
    1. IDEA: create a survey for Reps to ask them how they rate their mentoring (williamq, 15:42:34)
    2. IDEA: create a "Rate your mentor" box in the Mentee's dashboard (williamq, 15:43:27)
    3. IDEA: logs of interviews (williamq, 15:44:08)
    4. IDEA: mentor-mentee 1 on 1 every week or bi-weekly (kinger, 15:44:12)
    5. ACTION: make BIG push to tell people about new communication features of site (williamq, 15:50:19)
    6. IDEA: mentor training (kinger, 15:53:12)
    7. IDEA: mentor of the month (kinger, 15:54:26)
    8. ACTION: council to vote via email on 1) mentor survey 2) rate your mentor feature and 3) monthly 1:1 with your mentee requilrement (williamq, 15:55:10)
    9. IDEA: how about a 'Happy' Unhappy button, and whatever they click they have to leave a comment why they are happy or unhappy? (williamq, 15:56:20)

  4. Balkans Meetup (williamq, 15:57:53)
    1. ACTION: budget task force to do a thorough review of the budget request process (including form, review process, follow-up, accounting etc..) (williamq, 16:04:25)
    2. ACTION: williamq to get all task forces set up ASAP (williamq, 16:05:27)
    3. ACTION: williamq to get sign off from accounting to let council members have access to Mozila Reps paypal account (williamq, 16:14:53)
    4. IDEA: clone williamq (kinger, 16:14:55)
    5. ACTION: make wiki/etherpad to track remo meetings (Lucy_, 16:18:07)
    6. ACTION: williamq to set up (quick) meeting with budget task force to discuss next steps (williamq, 16:18:16)
    7. ACTION: Lucy to make wiki/etherpad to track remo meetings (williamq, 16:18:33)

  5. mailing list policy (williamq, 16:19:03)
    1. ACTION: kinger to add finishing touched to mailing list policy (williamq, 16:21:10)

  6. future of task force (williamq, 16:21:26)
  7. future of council (williamq, 16:22:17)
    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3D6yryvhEo (kinger, 16:30:03)
    2. ACTION: follow-up with reps-council@mozilla.com on next steps for council (williamq, 16:31:35)
    3. ACTION: williamq follow-up with reps-council@mozilla.com on next steps for council (williamq, 16:32:01)
    4. ACTION: Lucy to share the mailing list policy etherpad on reps-general for final feedback (williamq, 16:32:57)

  8. budget task force (williamq, 16:33:46)
  9. bi-weekly checklist (williamq, 16:33:58)
    1. ACTION: Brian to share a sweet surprise :) (williamq, 16:35:57)
    2. ACTION: Nukeador to coordinate with Lucy to go over IT bugs (williamq, 16:36:49)

  10. Student Reps update (williamq, 16:37:11)
    1. ACTION: williamq to try to get update from Mary this week (williamq, 16:37:42)

  11. Quality vs. Quantiy (williamq, 16:37:56)
    1. IDEA: organize a council + mentors meeting on IRC next week? (williamq, 16:39:46)
    2. IDEA: revive regional meetings (williamq, 16:41:32)
    3. IDEA: regular mentors meeting (kinger, 16:42:10)
    4. IDEA: regular mentors update on list (Lucy_, 16:42:23)
    5. IDEA: mentors leadership team to run updates and meetings (Lucy_, 16:43:56)
    6. IDEA: display office hours on our profiles (williamq, 16:47:40)
    7. ACTION: williamq to create etherpad on "Mentors QA" (williamq, 16:48:20)
    8. http://mozillamemes.tumblr.com/post/19683438640/planning-what-planning (kinger, 16:48:57)
    9. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi (deimidis, 16:50:12)


Meeting ended at 16:50:16 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. Nukeador to touch base with DBos to explore Mozilla HIspano integration with mozilla.org/contribute
  2. williamq to create share a communication plan to raise awareness of ReMo
  3. change ReMo Camp 2012 to Mozilla Reps Camp 2012
  4. williamq to draft letters of invitations for Mozilla Reps Camp 2012
  5. make BIG push to tell people about new communication features of site
  6. council to vote via email on 1) mentor survey 2) rate your mentor feature and 3) monthly 1:1 with your mentee requilrement
  7. budget task force to do a thorough review of the budget request process (including form, review process, follow-up, accounting etc..)
  8. williamq to get all task forces set up ASAP
  9. williamq to get sign off from accounting to let council members have access to Mozila Reps paypal account
  10. make wiki/etherpad to track remo meetings
  11. williamq to set up (quick) meeting with budget task force to discuss next steps
  12. Lucy to make wiki/etherpad to track remo meetings
  13. kinger to add finishing touched to mailing list policy
  14. follow-up with reps-council@mozilla.com on next steps for council
  15. williamq follow-up with reps-council@mozilla.com on next steps for council
  16. Lucy to share the mailing list policy etherpad on reps-general for final feedback
  17. Brian to share a sweet surprise :)
  18. Nukeador to coordinate with Lucy to go over IT bugs
  19. williamq to try to get update from Mary this week
  20. williamq to create etherpad on "Mentors QA"


Action items, by person

  1. kinger
    1. kinger to add finishing touched to mailing list policy
  2. Nukeador
    1. Nukeador to touch base with DBos to explore Mozilla HIspano integration with mozilla.org/contribute
    2. Nukeador to coordinate with Lucy to go over IT bugs
  3. williamq
    1. williamq to create share a communication plan to raise awareness of ReMo
    2. williamq to draft letters of invitations for Mozilla Reps Camp 2012
    3. williamq to get all task forces set up ASAP
    4. williamq to get sign off from accounting to let council members have access to Mozila Reps paypal account
    5. williamq to set up (quick) meeting with budget task force to discuss next steps
    6. williamq follow-up with reps-council@mozilla.com on next steps for council
    7. williamq to try to get update from Mary this week
    8. williamq to create etherpad on "Mentors QA"
  4. UNASSIGNED
    1. change ReMo Camp 2012 to Mozilla Reps Camp 2012
    2. make BIG push to tell people about new communication features of site
    3. council to vote via email on 1) mentor survey 2) rate your mentor feature and 3) monthly 1:1 with your mentee requilrement
    4. budget task force to do a thorough review of the budget request process (including form, review process, follow-up, accounting etc..)
    5. make wiki/etherpad to track remo meetings
    6. Lucy to make wiki/etherpad to track remo meetings
    7. follow-up with reps-council@mozilla.com on next steps for council
    8. Lucy to share the mailing list policy etherpad on reps-general for final feedback
    9. Brian to share a sweet surprise :)


People present (lines said)

  1. williamq (293)
  2. Lucy_ (80)
  3. kinger (80)
  4. Nukeador (72)
  5. deimidis (36)
  6. vineel (32)
  7. Rami (11)
  8. vikingkarwur (7)
  9. remobot (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.