15:14:21 <ioanachiorean> #startmeeting
15:14:21 <remobot> Meeting started Sun Jul 14 15:14:21 2013 UTC.  The chair is ioanachiorean. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:14:21 <remobot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:14:22 <bobreyes> Thanks! I will just be on standby here.
15:14:37 <ioanachiorean> here is teh pad for the meeting
15:14:38 <ioanachiorean> https://remo.etherpad.mozilla.org/council-meeting-20130714
15:15:07 <ioanachiorean> First topic as it was not confirm - is not happening - I will reach out mitchel to settle a good date for her too
15:15:24 <ioanachiorean> #action Ioana contact Mitchell to settle the chat
15:15:53 <ioanachiorean> 3rd topic
15:16:05 <ioanachiorean> #topic Updates Remo Camp - Madrid, August 29th - September 1st
15:16:26 <ioanachiorean> Williamq do you have any logistic updates for us?
15:16:44 <ioanachiorean> or pierros?
15:17:04 <pierros> erh.. Venue is locked down :)
15:17:04 <ioanachiorean> like - if everyone is already booked , the hotel etc
15:17:14 <pierros> The Hub Madrid - pretty cool place
15:17:25 <pierros> Hotel is finalized too (more updates this week)
15:17:32 <pierros> and we are focusing on air travel for all now
15:17:36 <pierros> eom
15:17:46 <pierros> Also:
15:17:52 <ioanachiorean> Is there anything we/ I can help with>
15:17:54 <Debloper> ?
15:18:04 <pierros> I will be working on the theme, image and pulse ;) for the camp
15:18:11 <Debloper> +1 ioanachiorean, eom.
15:18:21 <pierros> trying to make it a bit more hippy :) I will reach out to you all for ideas
15:18:25 <pierros> eom
15:18:34 <ioanachiorean> ok
15:18:48 <Debloper> ?
15:18:53 <ioanachiorean> Debloper:
15:18:59 <Debloper> do we have a mozspace in Madrid?
15:19:07 <pierros> Debloper: nope
15:19:09 <ioanachiorean> no as far as I know
15:19:17 <williamq> !
15:19:21 <ioanachiorean> that's why I gues we got to The Hub
15:19:23 <ioanachiorean> williamq:
15:19:30 <williamq> hey all
15:19:40 <williamq> really sorry, I have a super bad connection here
15:20:00 <williamq> as Pierros said, we have locked down venue and hotel
15:20:09 <williamq> we are just booking the last flights
15:20:27 <williamq> I'll be giving a very thorough update this week and
15:20:35 * ioanachiorean thinks that is unfirgivable - williamq should make up for this in MAdrid - Ioana will figure out how :P
15:20:48 <williamq> :)
15:20:54 <williamq> so please look out
15:20:58 <Izel> !
15:21:07 <ioanachiorean> williamq: which is the hotel
15:21:07 <ioanachiorean> ?
15:21:07 <williamq> for an update this week
15:21:10 <williamq> eom
15:21:31 <ioanachiorean> Izel:
15:21:41 <williamq> ioanachiorean: NH Prado
15:21:41 <williamq> NH Pasea del Prado
15:21:41 <williamq> *Paseo
15:21:53 <Izel> Council, I just can arrive to Madrid in August 30th
15:21:56 <williamq> Right next to the famous museum
15:21:56 <williamq> eom
15:22:08 <Izel> I think I sent an email explaining why
15:22:19 <melek> :(
15:22:19 <Izel> sorry :(
15:22:29 <ioanachiorean> really sorry about that
15:22:37 <Izel> I will arrive friday at noon
15:22:41 <ioanachiorean> anyone having problems arriving on 29th?
15:23:11 <williamq> Izel: don't worry
15:23:26 <Izel> yes ... I am in Argentina for working that week and I just can leave argentina thuesday
15:23:29 <williamq> the most important is that you can be there on the weekend
15:23:35 <Izel> so i will arrive to Madrid Friday
15:23:43 <Izel> :(
15:23:44 <Izel> eom
15:24:01 <ioanachiorean> so I understand everyone arrives in time.
15:24:05 <ioanachiorean> Is anyone arriving on 28th?
15:24:35 <ioanachiorean> I guess not - besides me- arriving late evening 28th
15:24:37 * Debloper checks itinerary...
15:25:07 * Debloper arrives on 29th as well.
15:25:11 <ioanachiorean> as I did not attend last year remo camp I was wondering if we should start planning anything from home
15:25:15 <ioanachiorean> not only there
15:25:23 <bobreyes> Arrives MAD 29th noon time
15:25:32 <pierros> !
15:25:40 <ioanachiorean> please pierros
15:25:52 <pierros> I will create a pad (or publish one we have) with all travel details of all so we can coordinate
15:26:12 <ioanachiorean> +!
15:26:15 <pierros> #action pierros publishes a spreadsheet with all travel details of all
15:26:16 <pierros> eom
15:26:19 <melek> +1
15:26:53 <ioanachiorean> so coming back to my question - do you think we should start planning from home - or we'll cover everything there? one day before?
15:27:11 <ioanachiorean> beside the theming that pierros is already working on?
15:27:25 <pierros> !
15:28:15 <ioanachiorean> pierros:
15:28:17 <pierros> August will be pretty intensively a planning month ahead of the camp. Q and I will start reaching out and setting the pace.
15:28:18 <pierros> eom
15:28:45 <ioanachiorean> ok. good to know
15:28:48 <ioanachiorean> thanks pierros
15:29:00 <ioanachiorean> anyone having anything to add on this topic?
15:29:17 <Izel> !
15:29:20 <ioanachiorean> Izel:
15:29:43 <Izel> MAybe can we start making some suggestions in an eherpad for the remoCamp
15:30:18 <ioanachiorean> eom izel?
15:30:20 <Izel> you can count me in after FirefoxOS launchin in Colombia ... I have been very busy with that..
15:30:21 <Izel> eom
15:30:30 <ioanachiorean> ok
15:30:58 <ioanachiorean> I guess we can start a pad for that so we have where to draw down ideas
15:31:08 <ioanachiorean> ok. moving fwd
15:31:20 <ioanachiorean> #topic Mentors and Reps
15:31:52 <ioanachiorean> there were a lot of discussion throug mail tread and I did not receive soem last updates in some cases
15:32:13 <ioanachiorean> so I set this as topic to be sure we cover them and have an action for each
15:32:28 <ioanachiorean> the first two are on bobreyes side
15:32:36 <ioanachiorean> any updates there bob>?
15:33:00 <ioanachiorean> I know regnard should have contacted Jean Austin
15:33:04 <bobreyes> Hi! For Jean Austin, his mentor already emailed the Council a few days ago
15:34:05 <bobreyes> a consensus among the core of the local community is removal from the Reps Program (or disciplinary action)
15:34:22 <ioanachiorean> last was Regnard's mail - saying that we should wait a bit
15:34:34 <bobreyes> For Allan, we already made manifestation with his mentor but we cannot get a clear answer from both
15:35:02 <ioanachiorean> ok
15:35:10 <bobreyes> Yup! Regnard's last email was for us to wait a bit, and Jean's 3rd month of inactivity kicks on this weekend
15:35:31 <bobreyes> Allan never had any event since becoming a Rep
15:35:50 <bobreyes> eom
15:35:55 <ioanachiorean> williamq proposed to talk about this more at Remo Camp
15:35:56 <Izel> It sounds so familiar for me!!
15:36:21 <ioanachiorean> any one having an opinion on this as there were not many inputs?
15:36:47 <ioanachiorean> Izel: What do you mna by that
15:36:48 <ioanachiorean> ?
15:36:50 <melek> the removal seems legit!
15:36:52 <ioanachiorean> do you mean
15:37:21 <pierros> !
15:37:23 <xelawafs> !
15:37:25 <ioanachiorean> pierros:
15:37:30 <Izel> I mean is a similar situation with Jairo
15:37:52 <pierros> Jean Austin should be removed, this is covered well enough imho.
15:38:24 <pierros> Allan should be discussed more with his mentor. Do a formal request (ask for update) by the council to Majken
15:38:26 <pierros> eom
15:38:55 <ioanachiorean> regarding this bobreyes exchanged some mails with her - majken
15:39:19 <bobreyes> !
15:39:31 <ioanachiorean> but there was no comun ground as they have different opinions about the activity of a rep
15:39:35 <ioanachiorean> xelawafs:
15:39:50 <xelawafs> +1 on pierros if the local community unanimously makes a complaint, it reflects what is actually happening
15:40:09 <xelawafs> eom
15:40:25 <ioanachiorean> bobreyes:
15:41:03 <Debloper> !
15:41:11 <bobreyes> For Allan's case, Eusebio had a chat with him and it seems that he has not full knowledge of what a ReMo should be. Still thinks that a Contributor/Volunteer == ReMo and vice-versa
15:41:26 <bobreyes> eom
15:41:46 <ioanachiorean> ok
15:42:06 <ioanachiorean> I will inform Majken about this opinion and ask her to have a chat about this with Alan
15:42:14 <ioanachiorean> is that ok with you bobreyes?
15:42:15 <ioanachiorean> Debloper:
15:42:26 <bobreyes> fine with me / with the community.
15:42:28 <Debloper> fwiw, I think bad-mentee removal is a standard procedure when it's the last stand, but it shouldn't skip the part of mentor evaluation
15:42:55 <Debloper> i.e. the complaint should bubble up to the next managerial level.
15:42:56 <ioanachiorean> I agree
15:42:57 <Debloper> eom.
15:44:06 <ioanachiorean> Well I think the mentors was mentioned in the spreadsheet
15:44:15 <ioanachiorean> among other mentors
15:44:18 <ioanachiorean> majken I mean
15:44:39 <ioanachiorean> next will be Rodrigo
15:44:51 <Izel> !
15:44:57 <ioanachiorean> yes Izel
15:45:23 <Izel> Since our last chat, I have not problems with him
15:45:40 <Izel> but he has not made any budget request
15:46:09 <ioanachiorean> ok. any other opinions on this?
15:46:11 <Izel> 2 days ago, Andre ask for budget to attend the campus party in Brazil, Rodrigo is one of the reps attenders
15:46:12 * Debloper believes a bad-mentee is (at the end-of-the-day) a result of bad-mentorship/managerial skill.
15:46:20 <pierros> !
15:46:33 <Izel> I think we must wait for a desision in this case
15:46:34 <Izel> eom
15:46:38 <ioanachiorean> ok
15:46:39 <ioanachiorean> pierros:
15:47:06 <pierros> Rodrigo seems to be getting it for now. I suggest to treat this as fixed :) and move on. Gloria keep an eye for anything unusual.
15:47:07 <pierros> eom
15:47:24 <ioanachiorean> +1 from my side
15:47:33 <Izel> +1 pierros :)
15:48:06 <ioanachiorean> Izel how about Jairo?
15:48:55 <pierros> !
15:48:58 <Izel> ohhhhh
15:49:38 <Izel> Ok, he is tryin to be a good mozillian and rep again, the problem is... nobody in Mozilla Hispano and my local community believes him
15:50:00 <Izel> he has been making very bad things. I suggest a revision of his reports
15:50:09 <Izel> eom
15:50:19 <ioanachiorean> pierros:
15:50:40 <pierros> let's keep this simple and by the book. Odin is not going to be a mentor any longer (let's discuss this now) and Luis will be Jairo's mentor. Luis will do the reviewing. We have procedures people :) This is not a council issue just yet
15:50:41 <pierros> eom
15:51:14 <Izel> !
15:51:17 <ioanachiorean> Izel:
15:51:57 <Izel> maybe we could use this remoCamp to ask to Luis some suggestions about Jairo, haow he must review his reports or maybe assign jairo to other mentor
15:52:14 <Izel> a more expert, somebody with a long trajectory in Reps
15:52:15 <Izel> eom
15:52:33 <ioanachiorean> I agree with that and till then Luis can asses Jairo's work
15:53:10 <ioanachiorean> pierros: any updates on the mentors for removal ? from spreadsheet? was any actin taken there?
15:53:54 <pierros> According to the voting we had, it is clear that Odin and Danishka should be removed
15:54:12 <pierros> anyone has any strong objections to this?
15:54:24 * pierros waits for 15 seconds
15:54:25 <Izel> ?
15:54:29 <pierros> Izel:
15:54:32 <ioanachiorean> yes izel:
15:54:37 <Izel> Who will notify them?
15:54:43 <Izel> and when?
15:54:45 <Izel> eom
15:55:28 <pierros> message drafted by the council that the are removed from mentors and stipped their mentees. Ioana will be sending it as soon as we complete it
15:55:38 <pierros> I am sending an email now for the pad with the message
15:55:38 <ioanachiorean> ok
15:55:39 <pierros> eom
15:55:44 <Izel> !
15:55:48 <ioanachiorean> Izel:
15:56:13 <Izel> Ioannachioeran if you need some help with Odin, I can help you
15:56:26 <Izel> he does not speak english
15:56:35 <Izel> eom
15:56:53 <ioanachiorean> well ater the draft is done I am ok with you translating the message maybe
15:56:58 <ioanachiorean> not at all?
15:57:11 <Izel> ok
15:57:57 * pierros has sent the email
15:58:25 <Izel> ;)
15:58:28 <ioanachiorean> #topic Reps portal and some SOPs
15:58:48 <ioanachiorean> pierros I addedthis to have a final decision on Soren's blog -> on reps planet
15:58:57 <ioanachiorean> what cn be done for foreign blogs
15:59:11 <pierros> !
15:59:19 <ioanachiorean> please pierros
15:59:36 <pierros> We should have a vote for this :) I will open it up for the council
15:59:37 <pierros> eom
15:59:45 <melek> +1
16:00:12 <ioanachiorean> +1
16:00:23 <bobreyes> !
16:00:29 <pierros> #action pierros creates a vote for foreign blogs in planet
16:00:48 <ioanachiorean> bobreyes:
16:01:10 <bobreyes> sorry, going back to the previous topic. what's the decision for Jean's case?
16:01:15 <melek> !
16:01:55 <ioanachiorean> I will have to check with Regnard if he had a reply or not from his side
16:02:08 <bobreyes> ok
16:02:18 <ioanachiorean> no immediate action yet
16:02:19 <ioanachiorean> melek:
16:02:21 <melek> if the vote is "no", how we will decide for an alternative? (decide on remocamp? ...)
16:02:24 <melek> eom
16:02:55 <melek> talking about the blogposts :)
16:02:59 <ioanachiorean> I think that is a good alternative to take into account
16:03:27 <pierros> !
16:03:28 <ioanachiorean> or if one of us has suggestiond can start a mailing list thread
16:03:30 <ioanachiorean> pierros:
16:03:35 <pierros> we can take it from there once we decide
16:03:42 <pierros> voting is now created and will open soon
16:03:43 <pierros> eom
16:03:55 <ioanachiorean> #action Ioana check with Regnard if he had a reply from JA or not
16:04:06 <ioanachiorean> Second point for this topic
16:04:17 <ioanachiorean> was about avatars - old issues with pictures
16:04:37 <Izel> !
16:04:38 <ioanachiorean> pierros is there an initiative to hve them hosted on reps or not?
16:04:58 <pierros> ioanachiorean: it has been a tech decision that we are not hosting them
16:05:05 <pierros> nothing changed on that
16:05:10 <ioanachiorean> ok - just wanted to check
16:05:14 <ioanachiorean> Izel:
16:05:16 <Izel> we could have the opportunnity to add a link, some of us are always worry about our identity in the net
16:05:22 <pierros> I think that Reps are public faces and they should be OK with that
16:05:23 <pierros> eom
16:05:32 <ioanachiorean> +1 on pierros
16:05:37 <Debloper> !
16:05:50 <Izel> !
16:05:51 <ioanachiorean> I did ask on mailing thread what will do in this case a rep haing a session about mozilla
16:05:52 <bobreyes> +1 on pierros
16:06:03 <ioanachiorean> will interdict anyone to have pictures at that session?
16:06:20 <ioanachiorean> no reply from nuke unfortunatellydeb
16:06:24 <ioanachiorean> Debloper:
16:06:33 <Debloper> I think the major problem is not providing the picture, the problem is providing the picture in services which aren't well known/trusted.
16:06:48 <pierros> !
16:06:56 <Debloper> if Reps portal hosts the file in its own CDN, I think most will be fine with it.
16:07:26 <Izel> !
16:07:28 <Debloper> eom
16:07:35 <ioanachiorean> Izel:
16:07:51 <pierros> Pictures can be scanned, crawled and taken, once online from anywhere. It is the license that matters and the license of libravatar is compatible with our ethics. eom
16:07:53 <Izel> I agree Debloper, tha'ts why I suggest to add a likn in the picture
16:07:55 * ioanachiorean i did not skipped u pierros she was ! after deb above
16:08:03 * pierros hahaha
16:08:14 <Izel> this likn could be a picture
16:08:33 <Izel> reps must show their faces but we must give other a├▒lternatives
16:08:43 <ioanachiorean> I agree with pierros about the licenses and that they align with our ethics
16:08:45 <Izel> maybe they have their own server or place
16:08:47 <Izel> eom
16:09:02 <Izel> ?
16:09:11 <ioanachiorean> pierros  do you think any of izel's proposal can be implemented?
16:09:33 <pierros> UX wise it is terrible.. it does not solve the main issue of no-pic in /people/
16:09:35 <pierros> eom
16:09:59 <xelawafs> !
16:10:01 <ioanachiorean> +1
16:10:04 <ioanachiorean> xelawafs:
16:10:50 <xelawafs> the major prob with waht we have now is that you need a couplpe of tries before the pic pops up
16:11:15 <xelawafs> It's quite frustrating to have a 5 thread email with new reps about uploading a pic
16:11:20 <xelawafs> eom
16:12:05 <Izel> ?
16:12:18 <ioanachiorean> Izel:
16:12:30 <Izel> there is something about the picture in the remo agreement?
16:12:43 <Izel> i think we have something abouth that
16:12:48 <Izel> eom
16:13:15 <Izel> !
16:13:17 <ioanachiorean> TO be honest I have to re-read about thisparticular point
16:13:23 <ioanachiorean> yes Izel
16:13:30 <Izel> It is possible to upload that pictures in a Mozilla server? If you are a Mozilla Rep you agree Mozilla's license agreement about privacity, etc...
16:13:57 <Izel> we must be clear about the picture in the agreement and give different possibilities..
16:13:58 <Izel> eom
16:14:24 <ioanachiorean> Well pierros mentioned what a tech decision not to host them
16:14:55 <ioanachiorean> #action Ioana checks the agreement and comes back to the list with thhis
16:15:28 <ioanachiorean> laston this topic - Deb any actions you want on Tweaks for Reps' Travel SoP
16:15:37 <ioanachiorean> as there weren't many inputs tehre eitehr
16:16:16 <Debloper> Well, I had sent the mail detailing the tweaks
16:16:43 <Debloper> it will be great to get feedbacks from other council members & travel task force.
16:16:50 <Debloper> eom.
16:17:08 * Debloper can bump the mail thread if required.
16:17:15 <ioanachiorean> please do that
16:17:25 <melek> yeah please deb!
16:17:41 <Izel> :)
16:17:46 <ioanachiorean> #action Deb will send mail about the travel SOP
16:18:02 <ioanachiorean> #topic Regnard's updates
16:18:17 <ioanachiorean> Safari Books Online - Reps will be given accounts next week
16:18:17 <ioanachiorean> North America Reps meeting - coordinating with travel agent for logistics matters.
16:18:46 <melek> cool :)
16:18:55 <ioanachiorean> If there any any questions on this please e-mail Regnard or teh list
16:18:55 <Izel> Yupi! :)
16:19:07 <ioanachiorean> So I gues we cover all teh topics
16:19:12 <Izel> !
16:19:14 * pierros is super excited about all the resources we supply to reps!
16:19:15 <ioanachiorean> Is there anything more to be discussed?
16:19:21 <ioanachiorean> yes Izel
16:19:22 <Izel> !
16:19:34 <Izel> I have something to ask you council
16:19:56 <Izel> please, read an email that i sent about AppDays in Medellin
16:20:21 <Izel> we will have big changes... we will have a big opportunity with this event
16:20:29 <ioanachiorean> Gloria
16:20:33 <Izel> we will have a BIG impact.
16:20:33 <Izel> eom
16:20:36 <ioanachiorean> you have 7 out of 9
16:21:08 <ioanachiorean> for <5000 you need only majority
16:21:20 <ioanachiorean> not all council's vote
16:21:23 <Izel> ioanachiorean the ammount will change and i ask in the email how many money can Mozilla bring us to sponsor this event
16:21:40 <ioanachiorean> I read the mail - I do not remember final amount
16:21:42 <ioanachiorean> though
16:21:49 <xelawafs> !
16:21:59 <pierros> sponsorship should go through Dev Engagement
16:22:00 <Izel> because is not just the appDay, is the appDay inside the Barcamp
16:23:05 <ioanachiorean> xelawafs:
16:23:24 <xelawafs> Izel: I think it might be easier if you updated the change with an estimate amount so people can respond
16:23:26 <xelawafs> eom
16:23:34 <ioanachiorean> +1
16:23:36 <melek> +1
16:23:48 <Izel> Ok i will update te bug and send an email again, please kept his in mind
16:23:55 <ioanachiorean> toboth xelawafs and +1 for pierros's proposal to go through dev eng for sponsorship
16:23:58 <ioanachiorean> ok
16:24:20 <Izel> And do not forget the Andre Garzia Budget request for Campus Party in Brazil... is a bit late :(
16:24:23 <Izel> eom
16:24:45 <melek> oki :)
16:24:54 <ioanachiorean> ok
16:25:04 <Debloper> !
16:25:19 <ioanachiorean> that will need an unanimously votes
16:25:23 <ioanachiorean> yes Debloper
16:25:27 <Debloper> about the RotM recognition, can we give each of them a Mozilla Reps' hoodie?
16:25:35 <Debloper> if that makes any sense :P
16:25:43 <pierros> !
16:25:47 <ioanachiorean> pierros:
16:25:52 <Debloper> cause the hoodie was supposed to be for special acievements.
16:25:53 <Debloper> eom
16:26:00 <Debloper> *achievements
16:26:02 * ioanachiorean wanted to send a mail gathering some proposal info etcc
16:26:13 <pierros> we have special swag created for RotM and Konstantina should create a form asking them what they want
16:26:20 <pierros> (we have sleeves, bags etc)
16:26:20 <pierros> eom
16:26:27 <ioanachiorean> ok.
16:26:37 <ioanachiorean> I will start a thread on that
16:26:41 <ioanachiorean> as mentioned in teh pad
16:26:56 <ioanachiorean> Anything else to discuss?
16:26:58 <melek> yes please ioana the last rep of the month asked me about that many times :)
16:27:10 <Debloper> !
16:27:13 <Izel> :O
16:27:20 <ioanachiorean> well.. That;s how Lakatos it is :))
16:27:25 <ioanachiorean> yes Debloper
16:27:49 <Debloper> There was questions regarding non-local reps traveling in India a couple of times.
16:28:03 <Debloper> if there's anythign unresolved, I am okay to answer on that.
16:28:08 <Debloper> eom.
16:28:23 <ioanachiorean> I added then in comments some times
16:28:58 <ioanachiorean> i can talk this other time online as this meeting time is pretty long already
16:29:11 <Debloper> yes, that's what i meant.
16:29:18 <ioanachiorean> ok
16:29:28 <ioanachiorean> so - last call for urgent topics?
16:30:24 <ioanachiorean> so i guess not.
16:30:32 <ioanachiorean> Declaring this meeting over!
16:30:47 <ioanachiorean> thanks everyone for your time!
16:30:48 <ioanachiorean> #endmeeting