15:01:49 <ioanachiorean> #startmeeting
15:01:49 <remobot> Meeting started Sun Jul 28 15:01:49 2013 UTC.  The chair is ioanachiorean. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01:49 <remobot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:02:53 <ioanachiorean> #link pad here: https://remo.etherpad.mozilla.org/council-meeting-20130728?
15:04:03 <ioanachiorean> #link pad: https://remo.etherpad.mozilla.org/council-meeting-20130728?
15:04:22 <ioanachiorean> First topic - updates for ReMo Camp Madrid
15:04:42 <ioanachiorean> Williamq logistics? Pierros themes?
15:04:44 <williamq> greetings everyone!
15:04:52 <williamq> i'll start and then pierros can follow up
15:05:04 <williamq> so, i'm happy to say that all logistics are now done
15:05:22 <williamq> all travel bookings are made, hotels are secured and weve got a fantastic venue to ourselves
15:05:41 <williamq> here is the official wiki #link https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/Council/ReMo_Camp_2013
15:05:42 * ioanachiorean if I am lost at  moment I apologize - i am on data connection traveling.
15:05:55 <williamq> I'm updating as we speak with more info
15:06:06 <williamq> the large bulk of the wiki will be updated by middle of this week
15:06:20 <williamq> a few quick points :
15:06:33 <williamq> 1) in terms of format, it's going to be a bit different from last year's camp
15:07:16 <williamq> the first day will be reserved for us, the council, to go over the Q3 Mozilla Reps Plan (which I linked to in the wiki) and also to prep for the camp itself
15:07:31 <williamq> the Saturday and the Sunday will be almost identical in terms of format as last year's
15:08:01 <williamq> of course, this is a work in progress, so any suggestions or recommendations to change things, edits things, remove things are more than welcome
15:08:22 <regnard> !
15:08:23 <williamq> 2) the venue will be different from last year #link https://madrid.the-hub.net/%E2%80%8E
15:08:32 <williamq> oops, wrong link
15:08:37 <williamq> #link https://madrid.the-hub.net/el-espacio
15:08:57 <williamq> we'll have more space, more breakout rooms, but also more people
15:09:11 <williamq> so expect a lot of interaction :)
15:09:15 <williamq> regnard: yes?
15:09:48 <regnard> will we have some time devoted to the training & dev topics from the survey this year?
15:10:00 <williamq> yes
15:10:03 <williamq> absolutely
15:10:11 <williamq> so this is a good segaway to my third point
15:10:16 <williamq> 3) topics and content
15:10:21 <regnard> ok, thanks eom
15:10:40 <williamq> i've started brainstorming key discussion topics and activities for the camp on the wiki
15:10:56 <williamq> and i created an etherpad for everyone to drop their ideas #link https://remo.etherpad.mozilla.org/remo-camp-2013-topics
15:11:09 <williamq> please add at will and we'll clean up along the way
15:11:27 <williamq> the aim is to have a tentative schedule by the time we meet again on August 11th
15:12:03 <williamq> i'll share this out with all attendees tomorrow
15:12:11 <williamq> eom
15:12:13 <melek> !
15:12:26 <pierros> !
15:12:28 <williamq> melek, yes?
15:12:30 <ioanachiorean> Yes melek
15:12:45 <melek> williamq any plan to share this pad or an other one on the reps-general mailing list? many request to add their ideas
15:12:52 <melek> about the camp?
15:12:53 <melek> eom
15:13:07 <regnard> !
15:13:12 <williamq> melek: absolutely, i was thinking it best to have council, then mentors, then Reps add to it
15:13:21 <williamq> do you prefer we start with reps adding to the pad?
15:13:29 <williamq> i'm open to both approaches
15:13:31 <williamq> eom
15:13:38 <ioanachiorean> Melek?
15:13:42 <melek> euhm I think we can have a different one to keep things clean due to number
15:13:46 <melek> in the reps-general!!
15:13:49 <ioanachiorean> +1
15:14:09 <ioanachiorean> Pierros please go on..
15:14:10 <williamq> +1
15:14:16 <pierros> Hey all,
15:14:24 <pierros> we are working on a proper logo, designs and some nice surprises for everyone
15:14:27 <pierros> (hopefully will be done by the time of the camp)
15:14:32 <pierros> so look out for them :)
15:14:33 <pierros> eom
15:14:57 <melek> cool :)
15:15:01 * pierros gives a hint, that we all got Keons :)
15:15:05 <ioanachiorean> Everyone please start praying : D
15:15:24 <melek> hahaha
15:15:36 <bobreyes> nice :-)
15:15:40 <ioanachiorean> Anything else about the camp ?
15:15:50 <williamq> regnard has a question
15:16:01 <ioanachiorean> Sorry i missed it
15:16:08 <ioanachiorean> Please regnard
15:16:26 <regnard> it was just a suggestion about keeping this to mentors first before reps general
15:16:30 <regnard> eom
15:16:36 <williamq> !
15:16:46 <melek> +1
15:17:02 <ioanachiorean> Williamq?
15:17:15 <williamq> #action williamq to share current discussion topics etherpad with council + mentors and create other pad for reps-general
15:17:21 <williamq> eom
15:17:45 <ioanachiorean> +1 this sound great
15:18:02 <ioanachiorean> Anything on this topic?
15:18:08 <ioanachiorean> Anything else i mean
15:18:32 <ioanachiorean> I guess not..
15:18:49 <ioanachiorean> #topic mentors and reps..
15:19:42 <ioanachiorean> The case of JA  is known , bobreyes do u want to add anything?
15:20:21 * Debloper is at appday goa dinner. Connectivity is too bad. May not stay long/participate. Will check the logs. Please carry on.
15:20:52 <williamq> !
15:21:04 <ioanachiorean> Yes williamq
15:21:32 <bobreyes> !
15:21:41 <williamq> so i just wanted to reiterate a point i made earlier this week about going above and beyond to try to keep reps we're removing from the program engaged and motivated
15:22:05 <williamq> basically, we need to ensure the highest quality in the program, which is why we are sometimes forced to remove reps
15:22:27 <Izel> !
15:22:44 <pierros> +1 on williamq
15:22:45 <Izel> -!
15:22:48 <williamq> but we need to be very clear about that and we want them to know that they are always welcome back if they become active again
15:22:49 <williamq> eom
15:23:07 <Izel> !
15:23:15 <ioanachiorean> +1 izel still want to add smtg?
15:23:21 <Izel> Yes..
15:23:24 <ioanachiorean> Yes please then
15:23:28 <bobreyes> +1 on williamq
15:23:41 <regnard> !
15:23:53 <Izel> Talking with reps about the quality of the program and I have to share that messages with you
15:24:05 <Izel> I will send and email
15:24:16 <Izel> maybe we can work about this in our RemoCamp
15:24:18 <Izel> eom
15:24:29 <ioanachiorean> Please do
15:24:42 <ioanachiorean> Please regnard
15:25:33 <regnard> I suggest some sort of transition program for Reps who have been asked to move back from Mentor to Rep and Rep back to a contributor
15:25:45 <regnard> I think this would be good to keep people engaged
15:25:58 <regnard> and reduce feelings of anger/frustration
15:26:11 <williamq> ?
15:26:11 * ioanachiorean agrees
15:26:21 <regnard> as Training & Dev lead, I can take this on
15:26:23 <regnard> eom
15:26:27 <bobreyes> +1 on regnard
15:26:27 <melek> ?
15:26:31 <ioanachiorean> Williamq
15:26:35 <williamq> regnard: what would this transition program consist of in your mind?
15:26:55 <regnard> it could be a more formalized way of communicating to the Reps
15:27:03 <regnard> it could also be a wiki page
15:27:12 <regnard> basically protocol
15:27:23 <regnard> as well as supporting materials
15:28:09 <regnard> do you think there could be things that could be added here?
15:28:16 <regnard> or is this too much?
15:28:52 <williamq> i like the idea, this is definitely somethign to discuss at the camp - EOM
15:29:09 <ioanachiorean> Melek?
15:29:13 <regnard> ok. one last point on this
15:29:13 <melek> to regnard proposal: go back to orientation step maybe and not be totally removed?! this "step" is made to check if reps still want to be part of this program.. maybe we can work on a orientation period for removed reps!
15:29:15 <melek> eom
15:29:31 <pierros> !
15:29:55 <ioanachiorean> Regnard go with last point
15:31:01 <regnard> yes, I want to address the mindset of the removed folks (especially if they are active in some way) that they are "not good enough" or they are being rejected by Mozilla  Reps
15:31:14 <regnard> eom
15:31:33 <ioanachiorean> +1
15:31:38 <ioanachiorean> Pierros?
15:32:27 <pierros> I really like the option of returning to Orientation (and changing mentor) as a measure for Reps we would consider for removal
15:32:38 <pierros> this should formally be part of the Removal SOP
15:32:39 <bobreyes> #info there is a lag in my connection
15:33:01 <pierros> (as an option, as in some cases total removal is appropriate)
15:33:02 <pierros> eom
15:33:18 <xelawafs> +1
15:33:23 <melek> +1 on pierros is last point => (as an option, as in some cases total removal is appropriate)
15:33:34 <Izel> +1
15:33:50 <regnard> !
15:33:57 <bobreyes> +1 on pierros -- removal policy
15:33:57 <ioanachiorean> Do we want to proceed with this asap or make it official at the camp?
15:34:09 <pierros> +1 for the camp
15:34:14 <williamq> +1 for the cmap
15:34:23 <melek> camp too :) we can discuss it better!
15:34:29 <ioanachiorean> Oke.
15:34:33 <regnard> -!
15:34:33 <ioanachiorean> Regnard?
15:34:39 <ioanachiorean> No more?
15:34:41 <regnard> I agree to discuss in camp
15:34:43 <regnard> :)
15:34:47 <ioanachiorean> Oke
15:34:51 <regnard> non, merci
15:35:00 <melek> ps: may be we can add it from now to the pad :)
15:35:17 <ioanachiorean> Any other inputs?
15:35:20 <ioanachiorean> +1 melek
15:36:38 <ioanachiorean> So i guess no other thoughts
15:37:06 <ioanachiorean> #topic reps portal
15:37:31 <ioanachiorean> Vote for foreign blogs was casted 4-0
15:38:05 <ioanachiorean> As mentioned in the pad.  Do we want to send a reminder and start cleaning?
15:38:10 <Izel> !
15:38:21 <ioanachiorean> Yes izel
15:38:32 <Izel> I thing we has not enough time to vote
15:38:35 <bobreyes> +1 on sending reminder before starting the cleaning
15:38:50 <Izel> eom
15:39:17 <ioanachiorean> Others?
15:39:42 * williamq is wondering if we should have a minimum of 72 hours to cast a vote
15:40:21 <ioanachiorean> I am +1 to izels - more time.
15:40:28 <Izel> :)
15:40:35 <ioanachiorean> Pierros can we re open this?
15:40:49 <ioanachiorean> I will make sure to ping all to vote in 72h
15:41:20 <pierros> same vote?
15:41:24 <pierros> we could..
15:41:44 <ioanachiorean> Well we have 4 out of 9 votes..
15:41:59 <ioanachiorean> I think is ok to reopen it to have more votes
15:42:21 * regnard has a hard stop in18mins
15:42:38 * ioanachiorean thanks regnard
15:42:58 <ioanachiorean> Melek you had some suggestions for foreign blogs?
15:43:21 <melek> euhm If I reminded I thought having
15:43:28 <melek> section in local
15:43:38 <melek> communities websites can avoid the non
15:43:44 <melek> english posts!!
15:43:46 <melek> eom
15:44:02 <ioanachiorean> ok.
15:44:02 <ioanachiorean> Someone added there "council members absent"
15:44:03 <melek> we can encourage local communities to have their own blogs!
15:44:12 <Izel> I did it!
15:44:15 <Izel> !
15:44:25 <ioanachiorean> Izel please go on then
15:45:01 <Izel> I will be absent for a couple of weeks and Williamq too, so we need to define SOPs for that cases
15:45:02 <Izel> eom
15:45:27 <ioanachiorean> I see
15:45:37 <ioanachiorean> Can we start a pad for adding content?
15:45:51 <williamq> !
15:46:16 <ioanachiorean> Please williamq
15:46:37 <williamq> #idea just like for Reps taking some time off from the program, a council member who is going to be absent for an extended period of time (eg. 2 weeks) should designate a fellow council member to cover for him/her
15:46:56 <williamq> and that would include attending meetings, tending to mentors, voting on budgets etc...
15:46:56 <williamq> eom
15:47:29 <ioanachiorean> +1 from my side
15:47:50 <Izel> +1 that's was my proposal :)
15:48:00 <ioanachiorean> #action build up a SOP for absent councils
15:48:19 <ioanachiorean> Any other thoughts about this
15:48:24 <regnard> +1
15:48:27 <xelawafs> +1 too
15:48:37 <ioanachiorean> Ok.
15:49:06 <ioanachiorean> #topic mailing list policy on post events reports.
15:49:29 <ioanachiorean> @Regnard i think u added it?
15:49:49 <regnard> yes
15:50:12 <ioanachiorean> Can u add more about this?
15:50:17 <regnard> i wanted to bring this up quickly in the meeting to get the councils thoughts on where the post event reports
15:50:37 <regnard> williamr posted about putting this on the portal
15:50:52 <ioanachiorean> +1
15:51:05 <regnard> i just wanted to get the Council's buy in on this, if everyone thinks this is the way to go
15:51:31 <regnard> but definitely, i would NOT like to see this on the mailing list
15:51:57 <ioanachiorean> +1 on this too
15:52:03 <ioanachiorean> Others?
15:52:11 <xelawafs> +1 we've scaled alot and this seems like a good idea
15:52:36 <williamq> +1
15:52:41 <regnard> pierros, any concerns on the dev/tech side?
15:52:46 <melek> +1 for me too!!
15:53:03 <pierros> regnard, nope
15:53:18 <williamr> +1 :)
15:53:21 <Izel> +1
15:53:25 <ioanachiorean> Iuhuu..
15:53:51 <regnard> ok, thanks
15:53:54 <ioanachiorean> Regnard any other updates from your side?
15:54:07 <ioanachiorean> Safari books?
15:54:25 <regnard> on that note, the Reps should be added already
15:54:32 <regnard> if not, I'll ping Dino
15:54:39 <ioanachiorean> Ok.
15:54:42 <regnard> there are 50 Reps who have signed up so far
15:54:47 <regnard> we have 100 slots
15:55:01 <regnard> Rosetta Stone is doing Ok
15:55:19 <ioanachiorean> Aham.. should we sent a reminder or smtg?
15:55:35 <regnard> Reps account to more than half of the tops users in the last month
15:55:44 <regnard> Reminder for what?
15:55:59 <ioanachiorean> The program
15:56:09 <regnard> oh, for the remaining 50 slots?
15:56:13 <ioanachiorean> If there are still remainibg slots
15:56:15 <ioanachiorean> Yeah
15:56:25 <regnard> ok, please put that as my action item
15:56:56 <ioanachiorean> #action regnard will send a reminder for Safari Books
15:57:04 <regnard> thanks :)
15:57:10 <ioanachiorean> So i guess we have like 4 more mins.
15:57:15 <ioanachiorean> For other topics
15:57:20 <ioanachiorean> If there are some
15:57:42 <melek> ?
15:57:46 <williamr> !
15:57:51 <regnard> ioana, can we put the agreement of the council for the post-event reports as an "agreed" item
15:57:55 <ioanachiorean> Yes memekă
15:57:57 <ioanachiorean> Melek
15:57:59 <melek> we still send send the logs and council updates
15:58:09 <melek> on the mailing list?
15:58:13 <melek> cc regnard
15:58:13 * ioanachiorean yes regnard
15:58:15 <williamq> !
15:58:21 <melek> eom
15:58:31 <ioanachiorean> We did not send them for some meetings now
15:58:40 <ioanachiorean> Regnard ^
15:59:00 <melek> awtch !! Sofien told me that but I said naaaaa we did :D
15:59:29 <ioanachiorean> I will ping regnard after maybe he left already
15:59:36 <regnard> ?
15:59:40 <ioanachiorean> Williamq pplease
15:59:50 <williamq> williamr requested to speak before
15:59:57 <williamq> williamr: please go ahead
16:00:06 <williamr> Hi there, there are two things the Reps Portal dev team are working on that I want to quickly mention. We are having a UX sprint August 5-6 to streamline how events are created/managed/viewed on the Poral. Also, we are looking to improve the reporting functionality, which I detailed in an email earlier this week.
16:00:27 * ioanachiorean got confused q / r
16:00:31 <williamr> #link https://remo.etherpad.mozilla.org/continuous-reporting-specs
16:00:41 <williamr> #link https://remo.etherpad.mozilla.org/continuous-reporting-feedback
16:00:51 <williamr> eom :)
16:01:03 <ioanachiorean> Thanks williamr
16:01:12 <regnard> thanks everyone, i gotta run
16:01:12 <xelawafs> sorry I joined in late and have to drop off again
16:01:13 <ioanachiorean> Williamq?
16:01:33 * ioanachiorean ok xelawafs
16:01:36 <williamq> so, benny chandra from indonesia just pinged me about summit expense reimbursements
16:01:50 <williamq> as you know, we have a special SOP for summit expenses https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Budget/Summit_2013_Expense_Reimbursement#List_of_Summit_expenses_that_can_be_reimbursed_.28with_valid_receipts.21.29
16:02:14 <williamq> we are reimbursing public transport expenses EXCEPT for taxis
16:02:41 <williamq> the problem, is that Benny tells me that where he lives, he can only take a taxi to be sure to arrive at the airport or at the consulate on time
16:02:49 <williamq> i wanted to ask the council how they feel about this?
16:03:05 <williamq> my only concern is that if we start reimbursing taxis for everyone, it could be very problematic
16:03:22 <williamq> and many folks might choose to take taxis over public transport
16:03:33 <williamr> !
16:03:35 <williamq> but Benny's concern is very valid
16:03:42 <williamq> what do you all think?
16:03:42 <Izel> !
16:03:43 <williamq> eom
16:03:52 <ioanachiorean> Williamr?
16:04:22 <williamr> I agree Benny's concern is valid. Perhaps we could allow people to take taxis if they receive approval ahead of time and provide a valid reason.
16:04:34 <williamr> eom
16:04:41 <pierros> !
16:04:55 <ioanachiorean> Izel?
16:05:12 <Izel> I think we could have exceptions. Maybe some reps have not other transportation way to the airport and sometimes is Very expensive. The mentor must evaluate this.
16:06:07 <ioanachiorean> Eom izel?
16:06:24 * williamq agrees that if the mentor approves the reps request to use taxi over public transportation, then we should reimburse taxi
16:06:27 <bobreyes> +1 on izel -- exceptions
16:06:45 <ioanachiorean> Pierros?
16:06:48 <pierros> as we always said we should not change our SOPs and policies, but we should treat exceptions for what they are: exceptions thus exceptionally (by bring them to council's and mentors attention for decisions)
16:06:49 <pierros> eom
16:06:50 <Izel> eom
16:07:03 <williamq> !
16:07:19 <melek> +1 pierros
16:07:27 <ioanachiorean> Williamq?
16:07:36 <williamq> does anyone have strong feelings AGAINST reimbursing taxis in exceptional cases?
16:08:28 <ioanachiorean> I guess not.
16:08:31 <williamq> #action williamq to edit SOP for summit expenses to include that in exceptional cases, Reps can ask their mentor and the council for special permission to get their taxi expenses reimbursed)
16:08:35 <melek> not for me! if their is strong reasons for it's okey!
16:08:56 <ioanachiorean> But do we want to add it in the SOP?
16:09:16 * pierros thinks that we should not add it on the SOP
16:09:41 <ioanachiorean> +1 pierros
16:09:51 <ioanachiorean> That was my point to..
16:09:54 <ioanachiorean> Others?
16:10:05 <melek> +1 too ! those who need to they will probably ask for it on our alias
16:10:13 <williamq> ah ok
16:10:14 <melek> or by a budget request!
16:10:16 <bobreyes> +1 on not adding it to the SOP
16:10:18 <williamq> got it :)
16:10:27 <ioanachiorean> Oke.
16:10:36 <williamq> #action wiliamq to undo previous action :)
16:10:56 <ioanachiorean> :D
16:10:59 <williamq> ?
16:11:14 <ioanachiorean> Go williamq
16:11:25 <williamq> what is the procedure you want to follow to approve/reject these special requests like the one Benny just made?
16:11:51 <williamq> eom
16:12:21 <melek> !
16:12:27 <ioanachiorean> I think the current SOP is ok.. and defining the exception will be demonstrated in the bug..
16:12:30 <ioanachiorean> Yes melek
16:12:38 <melek> simple budget request but mark it with [summit] tag maybe
16:12:40 <melek> eom
16:13:15 <melek> ah we will review it as council members like we do now
16:13:22 <ioanachiorean> I saw konstantina added summit 2013 already
16:13:33 <williamq> !
16:13:42 <melek> eom
16:13:46 <ioanachiorean> Williamq
16:13:56 <williamq> I anticipate we're going to get more and more requests for exceptions as get nearer to the summit
16:14:15 <williamq> so i think we should have a more streamlined approach to approving/rejecting these exceptions
16:14:53 <williamq> so for Benny's case, for example, should we APPROVE his request if Viking (his mentor) approves it?
16:14:55 <williamq> eom
16:15:40 <melek> !
16:15:48 <ioanachiorean> U wanted to say if viking disapproves it?
16:15:51 <ioanachiorean> Melek?
16:15:53 <pierros> +1 for approving when mentor approves
16:16:01 <melek> honestly from what I saw for the keon phones mentor support their mentees
16:16:10 <melek> and approve in 90% the
16:16:12 <melek> request!
16:16:21 <melek> don't know if this will change a big thing!!
16:16:23 <melek> eom
16:16:46 <ioanachiorean> +1
16:16:51 <williamq> ok
16:17:00 <williamq> so let's just approve if the mentor approves
16:17:07 <melek> :D
16:17:11 <Izel> :)
16:17:17 <ioanachiorean> Izel?
16:17:26 <williamq> #action williamq to update konstantina on exceptions procedure for summit expenses
16:18:00 <ioanachiorean> Thanks williamq for this
16:18:11 <ioanachiorean> Any other topics?
16:18:14 <Izel> +1 approving if mentor approves
16:19:45 * williamq needs to go offline - thank you all and special thanks to Ioana for chairing!!!
16:20:05 <ioanachiorean> So i guess we can call it if no other topics!
16:20:14 <ioanachiorean> Thanks all for joining!
16:20:20 <ioanachiorean> #endmeeting